Jan 28 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc Chairman Richard Parsons spoke at a conference:
* Says President Barack Obama looking at aggregator bank
* says, regarding the economy, 'we're in a death spiral, and it only gets worse if there's no intervention'
* says aggregator bank could leverage up TARP capital, take trillions of dollars of assets from banks
* says aggregator bank could be set up such that taxpayers would not lose money in long run
* says speaking as private individual, not on Citigroup's behalf
((New York Equities Desk; tel: +1 646 223 6000))
(For more news about Citigroup Inc click here:)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2009. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.